Local BMO Harris Bank Employees Participate in BMO Volunteer Day to Make Community-wide Impact
Milwaukee area employees and executives support Urban Ecology Center, Three Bridges Park, Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin and other local charities.
Milwaukee, June 11, 2015 – Hundreds of Milwaukee BMO Harris employees and executives rolled up their sleeves Wednesday, June 10 for the fourth North
American BMO Volunteer Day. Thousands of employees across the United States and Canada made a difference on June 10 by volunteering at more than 200 organizations. In the Greater Milwaukee area, participants volunteered to support a wide variety of organizations by completing tasks, such as:
• Sorting and packaging food at “Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin”.
• Installing fencing, landscaping, and painting with “Habitat for Humanity”.
• Assembling comfort kits for disaster-affected individuals and their families with “American Red Cross”.
• Gardening and harvesting at the “Hunger Task Force” farm.
• Weeding, planting, and revitalizing the trails at “Three Bridges Park”
• Helping prepare summer gear and bikes for visitors and members of the “Urban Ecology Center”.
The inaugural BMO Volunteer Day was held in the United States in 2001. The initiative has grown significantly in each year of its efforts and now takes place across North America. Employees volunteer in a variety of projects throughout the bank’s communities, including children and youth organizations, elder care, food banks, community housing, health care facilities, family resource centers, parks and recreational facilities, relief organizations and homeless shelters.